Sunday, August 11, 2013

Wardrobe Essentials 2

The straight black skirt: this is definitely a must for the working woman. Like the sheath dress I mentioned earlier, it should be of a good fabric, with an inner lining. It shouldn't be too short or long, knee length or slightly below the knee is fine. I'd rather spend good money on a decent black skirt than tops or shirts any day. You can never go wrong with the shirt/blouse tucked into a well fitted straight black skirt look. It's suitable for Monday morning meetings, interviews, customers visits, just about any official function in which you are not sure what to wear or rather too lazy to put together an outfit. 


White shirt and the plain white t-shirt: I guess no one needs to be told they'll need a white shirt at one time or the other and even probably have one, infact I've come to realize one should probably have more than one white shirt and as much as possible it should be of good quality. Of course I wouldn't splurge on one as much as I would on say, the LBD or even my straight black skirt, as I believe you wouldn't get as much "mileage"  but a good quality white shirt is what it is......a good shirt.

As for the plain white tee, this is a personal favourite. I love white tees on jeans. Its my "go to" outfit for any casual event like meeting up with friends, going for a barbcue, running down to the store for groceries, attending my kid's school events like sports, casual Fridays at work.....It all just depends on the shoes and accessories. Like if i'm meeting up with friends or going for a barbecue etc I can pair it up with my strappy sandals, wedges or peep toe killer heels, for sports day i'll wear it with my converse etc.


The dark blue straightlegged jeans: Not just any pair of jeans but dark blue. Not washed or ripped, nor bootcut, midlength or cropped.....just a nice pair of straight well fitted (shouldn't every dress item be) long dark blue jeans. Now this doesn't have to be very expensive, but if you are going to spend money or buy designer jeans it may as well be this pair. It will never go out of fashion i.e. the style and colour, it could be worn formally, just throw on a blazer and pumps. Remember to always wash your jeans inside out, this keeps the colour better, and if its really expensive just opt for dry cleaning. Besides jeans are not (meant to be) washed often anyway, unless of course you've invested in a pair of white jeans, fashionable as it is, it's quite tedious to wear.

1 comment:

  1. No better way to wear a white shirt casually than on blue jeans...

    ReplyDelete