Friday, August 16, 2013

Fashion Trends I'm Not Loving

charstyleandimage.com

bellanaija.com
courtesy of www.inkedandsewn.com


Mixed Prints: I really don't get this, it just seems like one got dressed in the dark and the person wearing this  should at least have the grace to look embarrassed once in daylight. Having said this, I have seen it pulled off sometimes, but then again only on models, young Hollywood and of course the queen of mixed prints.......Solange Knowles.

courtesy www.necolebitchie.com
 


HAREM PANTS: Thankfully this trend seems to be waning, or maybe it's wishful thinking, it was still one of this Spring's fashion trends. Am I the only one that expects anyone wearing it to break out in the M.C. Hammer "Chinese typewriter" step?











www.chicisimo.com
www.urbanislandz.com
Denim on Denim:  yeah this looks good on Rihanna......... but what doesn't? 
 
 
MATCHING SEPERATES: This isn't so bad in itself, but I just hate the matchy look, reminds me of matchy bag and shoe. I don't mind it as much when it comes in a single colour, though even that reminds me of p.js ( the only outfit, save from a suit, that should be matching seperates, and besides you wear them to sleep). I especially detest the floral matching outfits......ugh!

 
 

www.amazon.co.uk
DUNGAREES: I didn't like this in the 90's and I like it even less now. I honestly believe this outfit is only fit for toddlers and hillbillies. Okay maybe if you also decide to paint your house yourself, you can be forgiven, but anything else is what it is...........a crime! It's just so uncool. It doesn't look nice on anyone, not anorexic models, fat "big boned", slim, short, tall.......nada! The only thing worse is seeing a guy in a pair with one of the straps (gasp) unhooked. 


designyoutrust.com
 

 

2 comments:

  1. The mixed print is adorable when done right.
    Maybe different prints in same colours, matching same sizes of prints in both top & bottom...........
    I bet there are rules for this look and it's definitely worth it when done right.
    I'm looking forward to rocking this look though, as soon as I develop the liver for it.

    As for the other trends on your list, I'm with you sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I feel like I just had my mind read! Don't like mixed prints. I even have difficulty carrying a patterned bag on a print outfit.
    Denim on denim not so bad but in our heat???
    Harem pants!!!???? Hell no! Even MC Hammer couldn't make them hold out!

    ReplyDelete