Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fashion trends i'm loving: the peplum

Image
www.stylyt.com


I think the peplum is becoming a staple, like a pair of jeans, and what isn't there to love about it? It fits every body type, it's chic, can be dressed up or down and it's suitable for any occasion (ok almost any occasion, cant exactly see myself wearing a peplum to a kids soccer game).

My favourite peplum looks:

Peplum top with a pencil skirt
www.serpentinestreets.blogspot.com
This is my "go to look" for  Monday mornings, meetings, presentations etc. In short when I want to portray my smart, "to be taken seriously" yet feminine sexy look.    

Is this look totally fab or what?.
www.thedazzdiva.com 
www.wardrobetrendsfashion.com

www.dailymail.co.uk


www.ericabunker.com
http://eyesofacouturier.com
Peplum top and skinny jeans

This look is also appropriate for any age.
                  
www.chictopia.com
                                                                                               


Of course it's not all peplum styles I like. I'm not a fan of the half  peplum, reminds me of gills on a fish.                                                                           


 




I term the following as Peplum gone wrong:



www.fashionhoob.com

The peplum is also my favourite style for traditional outfits, much to the chagrin of my tailor, but really its not the same material so........... I wore this recently, funny enough to my same tailor's wedding and yeah, she also made the outfit.  







1 comment:

  1. Yeah definitely a staple. The peplum is here to stay.

    I love how it emphasizes my hour glass figure. Lol

    ReplyDelete