Sunday, December 8, 2013

BELLANAIJA Africa Magic at 10/AMVCA 2014 Nominees Announcement: The good

I am always bemoaning the fact that our naija celebrities rarely seem to get it right when it comes to red carpet events. With the exception of a few (I can count them with two fingers), they seem to revel in wearing ill-fitting or inappropriate outfits. Then again maybe its me and "red carpet" in naija means literally, there would be a carpet that is red in colour present, and I've just been watching too much E-entertainment and the "FASHION POLICE". 

So anyway I was checking out Bellanaija's coverage of the African Magic viewer's choice awards nominees announcement (it's not the actual awards, just the announcement), but still it was termed "red carpet" and as usual I was not pleasantly surprised by the fashion turn out.


Ugonna Omeruo in House of Nwocha
Ugonna Omeruo in House of Nwocha

 
So lets start with the Good:

I don't know who this chick is nor have I ever heard of the label she is wearing but she will be my best dressed nominee for this occasion. I love the outfit, its chic and elegant at the same time. I like the fact that she kept it simple with the black accessories and didn't try to colour block or ruin it by adding some other colour.
I love the shoes, they totally match the outfit and her hair and make up is spot on.
Of course I only have this picture to go by, and the back of the dress may be awful, but I doubt that. 
Infact, I lied, she's the best dressed.


Toke Makinwa in April by Kunbi
Toke Makinwa in April by Kunbi
 
 Ok, so I've been hearing and seeing quite a lot of this Toke on social media and she usually looks good and dresses appropriately for the occasion. At least she got the memo that it's a red carpet event and seems to understand it too. I can't see her shoes though but I have to say its a pretty decent effort.
 




 
 


Michelle Dede in Clan
Michelle Dede in Clan
 
This is another pretty decent effort, I'm not loving it but compared to most of the other outfits worn at the event, this is quite good. I liked the fact she kept it simple, though I also cant see her shoes and I like her eye make up.
 

Adunni Adewale
Adunni Adewale

 
Again I don't know who this is but I like certain aspects of her enesmble. I like the bold wristwatch she had on, seems almost incongruous with the outfit but somehow it works. and she has nice legs, smooth and spotless (or at least the parts of it sticking out). the slit is high enough to be sexy and not skanky. I'm not loving the hair, or maybe I just can't see it properly, it looks slightly untidy and I'm a bit undecided about the yellow shoes, I do like the style but the bright yellow and black sequined dress............


No comments:

Post a Comment