Monday, October 21, 2013

The Maxi Pleated Skirt

I recently took possession of a maxi pleated skirt, navy blue, all long and flowing, but to my chagrin I've discovered it doesn't really go with any of the tops I thought it would. At least none that is appropriate for the office or without me looking like some 19th century missionary teacher. I eventually checked out some looks online and my favourites were the following:

With the t-shirt and leather jacket: Guess there's no need to reiterate my love for the leather jacket.......I so love this look, its just how I would convince people it's a fashion statement and I'm not crazy is the problem. I did try replacing the leather jacket with a normal work jacket, like Rachel Bilson below, but somehow it didn't work.......
 




 
I like the midriff baring top matched with the maxi pleated skirt. The demureness of the maxi skirt paired with the midriff top totally works. Again this is just a wish, because after 2 kids, I doubt anyone (least of all me) wants to see my midriff.





*Word of advice; do not try this look unless you have a super-toned midriff.



 I like the effortless look of pairing the skirt with a plain tank top and sandals or flats. Though I've learnt from experience that this look is not so easy to pull off. You could just end up
 

looking frumpy and lazy, besides its ok for meeting up with your friends but not the work place.

Anyway, after much searching, I realized none of the above ensembles worked for me, so working with what I have, I settled for this look.














pics courtesy of:
www.notdressedaslamb.com
www.classyandfabulousinhijab.blogspot.com
www.raqueldaily.blogspot.com
www.lookbook.nu

3 comments:

  1. Yours doesn't seen a long and flowy as the others in your post.
    Maybe that's the problem.... Bcos you definitely have the body for it.

    Anyhooo that look isn't for me. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told a friend the pleated skirt is just not for anyone with a full figure, but I realize now it's all about the midriff...as you have highlighted. Indeed, it's too tough a look to make work. You either look like a teacher or just 'not well put together'. Your look seems the best option.....again for the slim chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. err....so is this your house?

    ReplyDelete